What we do
At the refuge staff will assist you with information to help you decide about housing, legal and income issues.
At the refuge you will be supplied with bedding and food, clothing and toiletries if needed.
Support, referrals, advocacy and information to those using the service.
We can refer you to other services like counsellor to discuss your feelings and choices at this time.
Refuge staff are there to help you, NOT tell you what to do.
The refuge can provide outreach support to ex-residents, including ongoing emotional and practical support, advocacy, information and referrals to relevant services.
The refuge provides childcare by appointment. The refuge will help enrol children in the local school and other local activity in the area.
Counselling for all children affected by domestic violence is available in Esperance.
Activity are organised at the refuge. ( Art, Bush Walks, Picnic at the Park, etc)
SAFE AT HOME SERVICE
For some families, staying in their home and having the violent person leave is the best option. Staff can provide support for women staying at their homes. The staff can help you assess your risk and support you with safety plans and increased practical safety measures. The staff will provide regular outreach assistance and support while you rebuild a safe life for yourself and your children.
CHILDREN STAY HOME AND THE VIOLENCE LEAVES
• This is a positive way to protect children and give them a safe future.
• Children live in a small world made up of their bed, their friends, their family, their home.
• Children have right to live safely in their own home.
WHAT DOES THE OUTREACH SERVICE DO?
Each woman has a key worker who can help with the following:
• Safety planning
• Building self-confidence and independence
• Advice on housing rights and responsibilities
• Legal Support
• Accompanying to court
• Refer you to Financial Counselor, who can help with budgeting, paying bills and debts
• Resettlement skills, such as shopping and cooking
• Referrals to other relevant agencies
The service support women and women with children who wish to remain living in their home after separation from domestic and family violence.